Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

Midi Editor: Remember last used zoom and stable default zoom Issue Tools
issueid=3353 05-21-2011 06:56 AM
Human being with feelings
Midi Editor: Remember last used zoom and stable default zoom

Currently the midi editor sets the zoom level depending on the sized clip. So if its just 1 bar long, the initial zoom level is close. If the clip is stretched it remains at the initial zoom level.

However when a clip is inserted that is longer (5+ bars) the zoom level is way too far out to actually insert/edit any data, meaning the user has to immediately zoom in before doing anything.

Example: http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...eaperzoom5.gif

Requesting

1) Initial zoom level is a reasonably zoomed in enough to be able to atleast see 16th notes, regardless of the size of the clip.

2) When a clip is closed, the zoom level is remembered. When any clip is opened, regardless of if it is a new clip or has been opened before, the zoom level of that clip is the same as when the midi editor was last closed.

This will mean users can work at the level they want to without having to constantly zoom just to see what data is on the screen.

Discussion thread: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=843134

Thank you. :)
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category MIDI recording and playback
Status Suggested
Priority 3
Suggested Version 3.73
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 153
Users who would not use this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-11-2011 10:04 PM

you ought to link to a discussion thread. i'd really like to be able to zoom to the mouse position in the ME as well.
11-08-2011 09:39 PM

12-29-2012 05:29 AM

Damn! Just realised I accidentally voted "no" when I meant to hit "Yes". Is there a way to change this?
12-29-2012 05:52 AM

Unfortunately no :(

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue