Old 08-11-2009, 09:40 AM   #1
jnorman34
Human being with feelings

Default Still cannot burn CD in Reaper...

I have tried everything i know to try now, and still cannot burn a CD in Reaper. I looked at ReaBurn, but it looks like it is not supported by Roxio. i am trying to render to audio CD file, and the render seems to work okay, but then will not burn - error adding data to CD.

when i try rendering as wav files, it still wont burn - error saying "project not saved!"

there must be something i am doing wrong, or there is a glitch in reaper which needs to be addressed. there must be a simpler way to burn a CD than rendering every individual clip to a wav file, setting up a new project, importing all the wav files, add markers, etc before you can burn...

please help me out here - thanks.
jnorman34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:54 AM   #2
earlabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnorman34 View Post
I have tried everything i know to try now, and still cannot burn a CD in Reaper. I looked at ReaBurn, but it looks like it is not supported by Roxio. i am trying to render to audio CD file, and the render seems to work okay, but then will not burn - error adding data to CD.

when i try rendering as wav files, it still wont burn - error saying "project not saved!"

there must be something i am doing wrong, or there is a glitch in reaper which needs to be addressed. there must be a simpler way to burn a CD than rendering every individual clip to a wav file, setting up a new project, importing all the wav files, add markers, etc before you can burn...

please help me out here - thanks.
Hi jnorman, as you can read elsewhere on the forum you cannot really burn straight from Reaper. There are a few things that help:
1. render cue/bin (which has its flaws; it doesn't load in EAC, for instance.)
2. Combination of Shane's Autorender (renders regions in a project to separate wave files) and any burner (I use Burrrn these days).
3. Combination of Art Evans's Reaburn and any burner (except for Roxio, apparently).

It's all a bit of finding your own way. Bottom line: Reaper does not have a native burn functionality.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:07 AM   #3
jnorman34

earl - thanks for the info. however, the reaper manual for V.3 has instructions on how to burn a CD = why are those instructions there if reaper cannot burn a CD?

so, i need to individaully name and render each item as a wav file, and then use some external CD burning software to import the wav files, and then burn from there, yes? i was hoping for something faster and easier. i may just go back to burning in realtime to my external CD recorder...
Old 08-11-2009, 10:07 AM   #4
Shredder

Unfortunently I have to agree with earlabs. Other than what we have posted to get you folks to burn your music to CD from REAPER, there are better ways i am sure.

I use REAPER to burn music I mix to CD just to have it played in other systems for review prior to a pre-master. To really do this right, you need third party software that is specific to the task.

Anyway follow this link, I provide a step by step procedure to burn from REAPER for multiple songs...
http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...00&postcount=2
Old 08-11-2009, 11:13 AM   #5
earlabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
Unfortunently I have to agree with earlabs. Other than what we have posted to get you folks to burn your music to CD from REAPER, there are better ways i am sure.

I use REAPER to burn music I mix to CD just to have it played in other systems for review prior to a pre-master. To really do this right, you need third party software that is specific to the task.

Anyway follow this link, I provide a step by step procedure to burn from REAPER for multiple songs...
http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...00&postcount=2
UHMM, I stand corrected.... When I tried burning directly before I used regions and not markers. Apparently that makes a big difference. Using markers it actually works out really well. So, why isn't possible to burn tracks that are defined by regions?
Old 08-11-2009, 04:41 PM   #6
jnorman34

shredder - i followed your guide as perfectly as i could. rendered each clip to a separate wav file, then imported them one at a time into a new project, each wav file on a new track as per your illustration. added # markers at the beginning of each piece, then rendered the entire thing as audio for CD using markers to define tracks. everything went fine until i tried to actually burn the CD - i keep getting "error adding data to CD disc" and it will not burn. any ideas? thanks.
Old 08-11-2009, 05:17 PM   #7
Shredder

Not sure what the problem may be, but can you provide what CD burner you have and which OS are you using?
Old 08-11-2009, 06:31 PM   #8
Billoon

Simple answer - render as bin/cue in reaper, burn it with Imgburn. Done.
Billoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:43 PM   #9
d. gauss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billoon View Post
Simple answer - render as bin/cue in reaper, burn it with Imgburn. Done.
i would love the much simpler answer, a la samplitude, to just be able to burn right from the app. doner.
d. gauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:09 PM   #10
Billoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by d. gauss View Post
i would love the much simpler answer, a la samplitude, to just be able to burn right from the app. doner.
Well, some people can but it seems like 'cdrecord' doesnt support everyones drives.

Burning with Imgburn only takes a couple of clicks.
Billoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 08:27 AM   #11
jnorman34

billoon - i also tried creating a cue, but Roxio would not recognize the cue file. so far, the easiest thing i have found is to render each item to a individually named wav file, and then use EZ Burn (Roxio would not work for some reason) to import the wav files and burn the CD - that may be the best i will come up with, and is probably just as fast as being able to burn inside Reaper. thanks for all your help, guys.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:48 PM   #12
RokkD

Burning cd's in reaper is hit and miss but it is possible. I was always getting that 'error adding data' window. It's all to do with the markers and space between songs. I haven't played with it in awhile but try placing the marker at the beginning of each song and separate each song by one bar, if that doesn't work keep fiddling with it.

--