Old 05-26-2017, 02:22 AM   #1
ProfSound
Human being with feelings

Default Novation Launch Control XL

I am new to MIDI and I have the following question. I used MIDI learn to map the Launch Control to various Reaper functions, works very well. However, can I save these mapping assignments in a file so I can recall the settings, for instance to recover the assignments I made through MIDI learn after a clean install or when I switch computer?

Also, how can I change the color of the buttons on the Launch control?

Thanks in advance!
ProfSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 04:59 AM   #2
sickamorz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfSound View Post
I am new to MIDI and I have the following question. I used MIDI learn to map the Launch Control to various Reaper functions, works very well. However, can I save these mapping assignments in a file so I can recall the settings, for instance to recover the assignments I made through MIDI learn after a clean install or when I switch computer?

Also, how can I change the color of the buttons on the Launch control?

Thanks in advance!
do a export settings from reaper preferences menu
sickamorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:41 AM   #3
airon
Human being with feelings

Controling the colour of the lights on the Novation Launch Control XL requires that you send midi data to it.

That's what a Control Surface plugin (csurf plugin as Reaper calls it) usually does.

We do not yet have automatic midi feedback to indicate for example the state of a setting in Reaper as a colour on that button. Setting up such a relationship may be possible with Geoff Waddingtons project in this thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143 .

You can write a Lua script that sits in the background, checks certain states periodically, and sends midi commands to the Launch Control. Help for doing that is readily available in this forum section.

I've written some small scripts that just change some lights on an X-Touch Mini, as I use it to choose banks on another controller. It's not very hard once you get used to Lua. Lots of folks will help you as well.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote