Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Feature Requests

Old 06-15-2017, 09:54 PM   #1
jannisar
Human being with feelings

Default Editing channel FX vst patch/preset list - no drag and drop, etc?

Hi. I looked and am surprised no one has talked about this. In a channel's FX window, the drop-down patch list for each vst cannot be edited by mouse selection. (Nor can each vst's patch list file - C.....Roaming\Reaper\presets - be edited without an exotic editor.) I own Reaper, and generally enjoy it - but being rather serious here, I didn't know it was still....1999.

Last edited by jannisar; 06-15-2017 at 11:18 PM.
jannisar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 10:38 PM   #2
cfillion

"Patch" – you mean presets? Sure they can be edited with a mouse. Load the preset, tweak the plugin parameters by interacting with its GUI then save the preset under the same name as previously.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 10:50 PM   #3
jannisar

I tried to word it so that misconception wouldn't occur. Re-worded so that it's clearer.
Old 06-16-2017, 01:00 AM   #4
Sibben

I use a regular text editor and edit the .ini file directly which works but isn't optimal of course.

Keep in mind REAPER is a ten megabyte download that still delivers a very powerful and flexible DAW that offers raw performance few other DAWs can touch.

That's only possible if some things can be kept simple. Just saying.
Old 06-16-2017, 02:47 PM   #5
jannisar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibben View Post
I use a regular text editor and edit the .ini file directly which works but isn't optimal of course.

Keep in mind REAPER is a ten megabyte download that still delivers a very powerful and flexible DAW that offers raw performance few other DAWs can touch.

Perhaps. I think there should be some modernization of the UI.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:07 AM   #6
Ulf3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sibben View Post

noone would care about a 11 or even 20 megabyte download , please don´t kid your self that soem drag and drop would affect the performance of the audio engine ..

op: you will probably wait til 2099 till the prog is ever polished up.
reaper brothers think its better to have more features than polishing up those we already use daily

Last edited by Ulf3000; 06-17-2017 at 03:18 AM.
Ulf3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 03:40 PM   #7
jannisar

@Ulf3000: hehn hehn hehn hehn hehn hehn. I thought there might be such sentiment from someone. I dunno, I just got here, and have needed to come only for this topic. Because that's half of my work flow within Reaper, making and scrutinizing patches, mainly with guitar modeling ware.

Now I can imagine someone saying, 'well, just save them in the vst', and I do that, as a fundamental store and back-up. But the length of the patch title pane allows me to see the entirety of the patch name (mine are pretty technical and hence long).

Right now I have to delete the particular vst's patch file, re-load each one I want from within the vst, and re-save to Reaper. (It's twice as bad, because Positive Grid stuff doesn't have the above-desired functionality, either, even though it's a desktop version.)