COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :

Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Other Software Discussion > Wifight Discussion

Old 11-10-2009, 12:32 AM   #1
Brennan
hey man

Default New feature coming: gamelist filtering!

So, client 1.10t3 is now posted to http://wifight.com/test/ and it has a nice new feature: game list filtering!

On Palm you can even use 5-way nav to switch between filters.

It needs a bit more polish, but it's useful already. And speaking of polish, any feedback? Especially on the colors? I'm definitely not 100% happy on the current colors.

Oops, I just noticed "Apps" is in there. That doesn't have anything in it... yet.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:26 PM   #2
Brennan
hey man

Updated screenshot (win version, palm will be similar):

Here's what's changed from 1.10t3 to this screenshot:
- brightened inactive filter buttons (trg mentioned in chat)
- gave drop shadows to filter button text (subtle, but makes it a little easier to read)
- tightened up button spacing

Heh, I just noticed it now says 'wifight' on the UI in 4 places. I wonder if that is enough places...
Old 11-11-2009, 11:35 PM   #3
trgeoff
Human being with feelings

yeah that looks good.

I found that the previous version of text, while difficult to see in the day, was actually not too bad at night. I think sun glare was the problem. Your new version looks like it would cope irrespective of ambient light conditions.

I like the way that the filter remembers your last-used setting, I just leave it on "your turn" when I leave. Im wondering if upon logging in, and coming to the Games list, it would also be useful to have the "focus" default to the filter options line, instead of wherever else one may have been focussing within the games list upon exiting. I really like using the 5-way to shift between the various filter options. The default would only apply when entering/ exiting wifight as a whole, not when jumping back and forth between say chat and games.

Oh and I was curious about "Apps"

Last edited by trgeoff; 11-12-2009 at 02:05 AM.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:26 PM   #4
Brennan
hey man

Yeah, it can be hard to find a color scheme that works in both daylight and nighttime. This latest one has been working for me at least.

Re: focus jumping to filter tab... Seems like it might be a tiny bit confusing, but the only way to know would be to try. So I'll try it.

Apps? Well, I always wanted to do some apps in wifight, so that's where they'll go I've got a prototype coin-flipping app right now and some plans for more. Still prototypical like I said but eventually...
Old 11-16-2009, 01:56 PM   #5
Brennan
hey man

Latest look:

As much as I like green-on-black as a theme, this seems MUCH more readable/usable. Whatcha think?

Heh, clearly we're gonna need color theming at some point.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:19 PM   #6
Brennan
hey man

Trg, I'm trying out your focus idea. I would also like to point out you can move from the gamelist to the switcher by clicking left, and back by clicking down, for quickly getting around (if you haven't noticed already). Perhaps the client should remember whether you were focused on the switcher or gamelist and restore that exactly.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:28 PM   #7
trgeoff
Human being with feelings

Colors: have posted on chat about liking them

Focus: oh I hadnt realised that about the left clicks - makes things a lot easier!

Perhaps the only other thing I would think useful would be: if you choose a filter item by tapping it, then the focus should switch to the filter list. At present, it doesnt, and you need to actually do 2x 5-way left clicks to get it to switch.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:09 AM   #8
Brennan
hey man

Good idea, that last one. I tried it and it works I'll try to post 1.10t5 tomorrow.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:56 PM   #9
Brennan
hey man

And, for anyone following this thread, this feature is now live in 1.10 and available on the front page of wifight.com.