Old 06-20-2017, 11:19 PM   #1
Chris Hurst Music
Human being with feelings

Default MIDI Editing

Hi everyone.

I'm giving Reaper a try after using Cubase for some time. Whilst I appreciate that Reaper out of the box doesn't have the Midi editing power of Cubase, does anyone know if it is possible to do some of the things that you can in Cubase, such as copy CC curve from CC1 to CC11 for example, or select all midi on beat one of a bar and then having an action to increase/decrease velocity for all those selected Midi items?

Many thanks,

Chris
Chris Hurst Music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 06:44 AM   #2
hopi

what you will want to do is go over the JSFX area of this forum and look into Reapack and then the various scripts for midi by js- [julian], Lokasenna, Me2beats, X-raym, Heda, MPL and others...

Without telling you every bit, you basically want to get the scripts and then find them in the MIDI Editor action list, and then you can add them to any of the 8 toolbars for the MIDI Editor. This is not hard, and after you do a couple it will become second nature to create what you want.

Also read up about creating Custom Actions [combinations of actions and scripts]...

You will discover power beyond your dreams.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:08 AM   #3
Chris Hurst Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
what you will want to do is go over the JSFX area of this forum and look into Reapack and then the various scripts for midi by js- [julian], Lokasenna, Me2beats, X-raym, Heda, MPL and others...

Without telling you every bit, you basically want to get the scripts and then find them in the MIDI Editor action list, and then you can add them to any of the 8 toolbars for the MIDI Editor. This is not hard, and after you do a couple it will become second nature to create what you want.

Also read up about creating Custom Actions [combinations of actions and scripts]...

You will discover power beyond your dreams.
Thanks for that! Will head over and see what the score is.
Chris Hurst Music is offline   Reply With Quote