View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 06:22 AM   #27
3mph
Human being with feelings

I agree that you have to try things before you critisize them. I think ASIO4ALL is a valuable project for those who can't get things to work with the drivers supplied with their soundcard. I'm satisfied with the way my ASIO-drivers works with my soundcard (the Luna-drivers was great and now SFP gives even more routing-possibilities). I can get very low latency (>7ms) with Reaper with either WDM or ASIO, so I don't see high latency as a problem.

This kind of latecny is different - it's something that happen in Reaper (as gregh said, on my setup) when recording. It's not during playback or streaming, it's when I want to record in "sync" with the timeline so to speak. When I hit "record" the things that get in to Reaper is not in sync with the rest of the project. It means that I can't used the timeline or the played audio as a reference. The recorded audio is delayed a lot (as described earlier)

Hey, I'm just trying to help making Reaper a better program for all to use - also the future users. I'm describing a problem I have with Reaper, but maybe my poor english (I'm from Denmark) make things sound different.. I don't know..
3mph is offline   Reply With Quote